Sunday, October 27, 2013
My 7 year old nephew has a paper towel cardboard tube collection. Every time my sister finishes a roll of paper towels he insists that the cardboard tube MUST be saved for his collection. Luckily my nephew's quirks are my gain. He is generous enough to share his collection with me so that I can come up with some fun crafts. Awesome kid!
I came up with an idea to make spooky light up eyes with these materials:
paper towel tubes
Christmas/Halloween lights or glow sticks.
This is a simple craft for kids.
1) Cut the paper towel tubes in half and cut the eyes out of tube. This part should probably be performed by an adult or a child with solid cutting skills.
2) Paint the tube with black paint and let it try.
3) Cut the white paper into 8 strips and slide these strips of paper into the dry tubes.
4) Create Eyeballs with marker
5) Slide lights through the rolls and you have spooky glow in the dark eyes!
Skill Level: Low
Difficulty Level: Low
Frustration Level: Low