I never really understood scrap-booking. I only made scrapbooks for my kids because I never filled out all the info in the baby book. Instead of looking like a careless mom, I decided to take apart the books and put it into scrapbook form so I could cut out all the blank pages to hide my inability to track their first year of life. Looking through all the different sticker and notions in the scrapbook isle of the craft store makes me overwhelmed. I don't know how anyone could look through all that stuff, it puts me into sensory overload.
So I never understood paper crafts, until the other day when I went to go make snowmen. They turned out so great, I wanted to give owls a try and I was hooked. Now I'm paper craft crazy! I like the mixed media art on music and what a perfect way to make three little owls is using sheet music to "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. I attached a printout for you to try too.Tulip Beads in a Bottle
Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue
1) You can print out the printable card stock. The thicker paper is better for gluing and painting, it doesn't curl up as easy.
2) I love the Gelatos because they glide like butter and you can blend it with your thumbs on the paper or you can wet a paint brush to get a water color effect, or you can rub them on a stamp for a completely different look. I really don't know how I lived without these little pigment chap-sticks.
3) Use stamps to embellish. I used a snow flake stamp to make the irises, it makes a great texture.
4) Paint eye whites with white acrylic paint.
5) Outline with a sharpie. Also use sharpie to color in pupil of eye.
7)Feather on acrylic paints to give a feathery look
8)Use "Beads in a Bottle" to give a sparkle to the eye
5)Decoupage it all together.
I did one set of small owls and a set of large ones. How cute!
Skill Level: Moderate-High
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Frustration Level: Low
Cost: $0 I used the materials from the snowman project